F.M.P.C
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Minded Parkour Crew

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Monkey Vault

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
17thNovember
Administrator
Administrator
17thNovember

The Monkey Vault Empty
PostSubject: The Monkey Vault   The Monkey Vault Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:23 am

How to:
Warm up. Spend at least 15 - 20 minutes stretching and warming up before doing parkour. Do everything, but focus on ankles, legs, knees, butt and shins.
Select a rail or wall to monkey vault over. You don't have to be able to jump over it, but pick an obstacle you can vault over normally with ease. Also make sure of what's on the other side - vaulting into a 5 meter drop is a recipe for disaster. Rails are the easiest obstacle to start with. The obstacle mustn't be too low, either - it should ideally be somewhere around your belly button or slightly higher.
Run up to the obstacle at a medium rate, somewhere between a jog and a run.
Plant with both feet 4 or 5 feet away from the rail and spring up.
At the same of your spring, place both hands on the rail, a little wider than shoulder width. Make sure there's enough room for your feet to get between them, but at the same time make sure they are not too wide or your legs will be lower and your feet will get clipped.
During your jump, tucking your feet up and bringing them between your hands. Make sure not to clip the rail with your feet, so tuck up a lot! As you jump try and push yourself forwards, this will stop your shins falling onto the bar.
Remember to lean forward when you are in mid air. I can't stress this enough. The main reason to lean forward is so that you don't clip your feet. When you lean forward, your feet will be higher and won't get clipped.
While you're at the top of the rail, look for your landing. Pick a spot for your feet to land.
Once your feet are through, let go with your hands and prepare for your landing. Try and land softly, minimizing impact.
Run away and smile - you've just monkey vaulted. Now do it all over again.

Tips:Watch for clipping your feet. If you're intimidated, find an obstacle that has grass on the other side.
If you do clip your feet, try and get them up in front of you before landing.
Initially you probably won't be able to do a vault at a dead run. Practice timing the run up to the rail, so eventually you don't have to hesitate.
Commit! The only way to do any kind of vault is to commit to it fully. If you hesitate, you're lost
Be confident with what your doing otherwise you'll end up with some sort of injury.

Warnings:Do not attempt any parkour with serious injuries.
Don't vault over an obstacle that has unknown landings. Scout ahead.

Back to top Go down
https://fmpc.forumotion.com
NikOs
Banned
Banned
NikOs

The Monkey Vault Empty
PostSubject: Siga to diskolo   The Monkey Vault Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 5:33 pm

Siga more panefkolo einai Very Happy ligo practise 8elei pistevo oti ginete ... Razz farao
Back to top Go down
17thNovember
Administrator
Administrator
17thNovember

The Monkey Vault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Monkey Vault   The Monkey Vault Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 5:37 pm

e to vgazo Very Happy sunny
Back to top Go down
https://fmpc.forumotion.com
NikOs
Banned
Banned
NikOs

The Monkey Vault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Monkey Vault   The Monkey Vault Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 6:27 pm

eisai kai sigouros palio gazma Very Happy ego sou leo oti prepei na bgaleis double diving kong einai to poio efkolo vault
Back to top Go down
GiOrGoS
V.I.P
V.I.P

The Monkey Vault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Monkey Vault   The Monkey Vault Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 7:58 am

To bgazo kai go re ...(tora arketa efkola) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NikOs
Banned
Banned
NikOs

The Monkey Vault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Monkey Vault   The Monkey Vault Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 6:17 pm

Bravo Agori mou ... AKSIOS AKSIOS cheers
Back to top Go down
GiOrGoS
V.I.P
V.I.P

The Monkey Vault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Monkey Vault   The Monkey Vault Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:14 pm

NikOs wrote:

Bravo Agori mou ... AKSIOS AKSIOS cheers

Thx for your good words !! Razz
Back to top Go down
NikOs
Banned
Banned
NikOs

The Monkey Vault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Monkey Vault   The Monkey Vault Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:39 pm

Siga re c apla sto leo ego pantos fobame an kai o giorgos leei oti to bgazo ...
Back to top Go down
DiNo0o0o0o
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
DiNo0o0o0o

The Monkey Vault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Monkey Vault   The Monkey Vault Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 7:30 pm

Since i don't understand what are you talking about cause i am from south africa and i can't follow you quite good i am going to air my point of view...
Monkey vault or kong vault (which is the same fucking thing) is easy for the rails or small walls were there are n gaps after the vault....think about doing a monkey,kong vault and landing after 2 to 3 sec. on the ground

then you can say that you have been succesful in doing a monkey vault

(Always my opinion Cool
Back to top Go down
NikOs
Banned
Banned
NikOs

The Monkey Vault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Monkey Vault   The Monkey Vault Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 11:50 am

Na pas na gami8eis .... Blakako Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DiNo0o0o0o
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
DiNo0o0o0o

The Monkey Vault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Monkey Vault   The Monkey Vault Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 11:52 am

can't understand what did you say?
Back to top Go down
NikOs
Banned
Banned
NikOs

The Monkey Vault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Monkey Vault   The Monkey Vault Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 11:52 am

Eleos re palio gazma mila apla mperdebeis ton KOSMO ... PEKSE KING OF THE HILL Razz na gelasoume ligo afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Monkey Vault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Monkey Vault   The Monkey Vault Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Monkey Vault
Page 1 of 1